In a recent post, we described Country Risk Assessment, the Bloomberg Excel Template that calculates country risk for 60 countries based on 25 financial, economic and political risk factors. This Template (XCRA) allows you to change the default risk settings and calculate country risk based on weights that you choose. This is just one of hundreds of Excel templates available in Bloomberg.
To search or browse for Bloomberg Templates by subject or keyword, type XLTP <GO>.
To access a specific Template, type XLTP followed by the code for the specific Template. For example, for the Template giving comparable valuation analysis, type:
XLTP XCVA <GO>. From the menu screen, click on OPEN to transfer the template to Excel. Below we give brief descriptions of ten templates that are useful for company analysis.
(1) XCVA – Comparable Valuation Analysis – side by side detailed analysis for multiple securities.
(2) XCSF – Company snapshot with financial analysis – provides company fundamentals, detailed earnings data, and peer group analysis.
(3) XIDA – In-depth company analysis – gives company fundamentals, estimates, and pricing data historically and in relation to peers.
(4) XBCS – Banks Comparison Sheet – compares a list of credit ratings, current market data, loan and capital details, profitability ratios, and asset quality.
(5) XIDF – In-depth finder – detailed view of financial statistics including profiles, ratios, capital structure, multiples, pensions, and segment analysis, annually, semi-annually, and quarterly. The screen below shows part of a Product and Geographic Segment analysis for ten years. Continue reading